Subscribe To 5 Blown Up Images From The Miniature Ant-Man Trailer Teaser And What They Mean Updates
I've already subscribed
We don’t have much longer to wait for the first Ant-Man trailer! Earlier today, Marvel announced they would be airing the preview during next week’s Agent Carter premiere through a trailer teaser…yes, those are still a thing. Fortunately, this one was rather clever. Following the titular hero’s gimmick, the footage aired was massively shrunk down. If you haven't seen it, watch it below...
Unless you have super vision or can shrink down to this video’s level, you probably won’t be able to clearly make out the miniature scenes, but we've gone ahead and magnified them to get a better look at what's in the preview.
Of course, the images are going to be pretty blurry. There's no avoiding that for now. But it’s only a four day wait until the real deal airs on TV. Despite their lack of clarity, there are still parts that can be analyzed to a certain degree. Take a look at the five most interesting blown-up portions of this teaser and what we think they’re showing from the movie.
5. Scott Lang Being ArrestedScott Lang will start out in Ant-Man as a small-time criminal, stealing just enough to get by and, if they’re following this particular aspect of the comics, to pay for his daughter’s medical expenses. The scene above looks like Scott is being led away by the police, given that the men next to him look like they’re wearing law enforcement uniforms. This is probably taken from one of the early scenes in the movie when Scott is breaking into a secure building. They need to set him up as a thief before they move forward with his hero’s journey.
4. A Sharp Dressed ManThere’s not much movement, but whoever that figure is in the center, they’re wearing a nice suit. There are two likely candidates for who this is. The first is Hank Pym, Scott Lang’s mentor and creator of the Ant-Man technology. Hank created Pym Technologies, so this could be him walking through his company’s building with what looks like a few people behind him. The other possibility is that this is the film’s antagonist Darren Cross, who eventually becomes Yellowjacket, and he’s walking through the hallways of his own company Cross Technological Enterprises. Either way, whatever hallway this person is walking down, it’s very reflective.
3. Get Ready For A FightTwo figures are moving away from each other as they’ve just been fighting each other. One seems to be Hope Van Dyne given the long hair, who who she’s throwing down in fisticuffs with is a mystery. What’s also unclear is whether this is a fight-for-your-life kind of brawl or just a simple sparring session. Evangeline Lilly described her character as a "force to be reckoned with," so in addition to being intelligent, Hope can probably hold her own in a fight. Given the kind of people her, Scott and her father Hank will be dealing with, that will come in handy.
2. A Swarm Of AntsIt’s hard to make out exactly what these figures are, but there sure are a lot of them! However, going off their grey coloring and not-quite-human proportions, I’m guessing these might be a large group of ants that are gathered around some sort of lit-up area. The helmet that Scott wears as Ant-Man allows him to communicate with the insects, so this may be one of the times that he uses the technology to call for assistance, and the ants are either headed towards him or gathering to this spot on his command.
1. Turning On The Lab LightsWith the flick of a switch, the lights go on and we see what looks like a laboratory or work area. Going off of the brief footage viewers saw in the Marvel 75 Years: From Pulp To Pop! TV special, the person turning on the lights is probably Hank Pym since Michael Douglas was wearing a similar-looking vest in those scenes. If that’s the case, then this is probably the moment where Hank is talking to Scott about something important, most likely the Ant-Man technology or his feud with Darren Cross. It’s probably the former given that another brief scene we saw in the TV special was Scott looking down at the Ant-Man helmet and costume.