We told you late last year
that Steven Spielberg's iconic film Jaws
was being eyed for a summer 2012 release date, and now we can confirm it. Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced today that the Jaws Blu-ray Combo Pack
will be available to take a bite out of your living room on August 14th.
The snazzy new Jaws
release is part of Universal's ongoing 100-year anniversary celebration. As you would expect for a release of this caliber, the 1975 film has been digitally remastered and restored, ensuring that the shark will look faker than ever before. It will also be loaded with a nice array of bonus features, including a new documentary looking back at the making of and impact of Jaws
. The set will include all the usual Universal Blu-ray bells and whistles such as UltraViolet and pocketBLU features, as well as a Digital Copy of the film. Sadly, no Spielberg commentary, but that's par for the course.
Here's a clip from the features looking at the film's restoration process. You can skim the full list of bonus features after the clip.
Blu-Ray Bonus Features
DVD Bonus Features
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: All-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
- pocket BLU App: The popular free pocket BLU app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
- Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS: Highlights from the full-length documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.