”the
The Mask
1995 was a big year for cartoons based on Jim Carrey movies, and though Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and Dumb and Dumber were also on the air at this point, the best of the bunch was arguably The Mask, based on a movie that owed part of its appeal to the history of animation in the first place. The Mask was already 40% cartoon, so bringing the other 60% along was easy enough, and the Tex Avery style just sends it over the top. For 55 episodes, the writers did just about everything imaginable that one could do with the Mask - other than let Jamie Kennedy wear it - and introduced a ton of new and interesting characters, most memorably the villainous Pretorius, voiced by Tim Curry. Still waiting on a cartoon that accurately adapts John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke's comic book series.

Blended From Around The Web

Related

Hot Topics

Hot Shows

Gateway Blend ©copyright 2018