Beavis and Butt-Head return to MTV tonight, and the reasons to be excited should be fairly obvious, however if you aren’t already counting down the minutes, we put our heads together and came up with thirty-six reasons why we’re excited about Beavis and Butt-head’s return.
We could be looking at the comeback of the year as Beavis and Butt-Head return to their couch to spread their moronic thoughts across MTV like a virus (or perhaps the cure). Start practicing your Butt-Head laugh. Brush up on your ability to find perverted sounding words in otherwise innocent phrases. And while you wait for Beavis and Butt-Head to make its grand return to MTV tonight (Thursday, 10/9c), here's the list we came up with of reasons to look forward to the series' return.
1. We may have gotten older, but that doesn’t mean we grew up.
2. Jersey Shore has gone unchecked by these guys for too long.
3. Obvious but... Mike Judge back on TV!
4. TP for my bunghole.
5. Because we need to return to a time where everything is either cool or sucks.
6. It’s a way to watch music videos on MTV even if it’s in brief clips and interrupted by sarcastic commentary
7. Because work still sucks:
8. Van Driessen
9. The inevitable YouTube commentary.
10. Because nobody cares about AC DC or Metallica anymore, but the t-shirts never got old.
11. Because Mike Judge’s entire movie career hasn’t been as brilliant at these guys.
12. Our kids will actually get our references and possibly think we are cool.
13. Saying, “Uh-huh-huh... You said...” (followed by some semi-perverted remark) won’t seem so dated anymore.
15. 15 years since the movie! Bruce and Demi were still together and in it! Time for a sequel!
16. The possibility of other Judge character cameos? This was first, now he’s got a universe!
17. Fire! Fire! Fire!
18. Whackin’ it in Anderson’s toolshed.
19. Daria downer.
20. Trips to the Maxi-Mart.
21. “Uh.... hey baby.”
22. Seeing how technological advancements might impact the show. Will B&B tweet, use facebook, Siri?
24. Anything that reminds us of the bliss that is the 90’s is amazing.
25. It opens the doors for more animated shows on MTV, which is really the only thing the network is good for (B&B, Daria, Clone High, Undergrads, Celebrity Deathmatch, etc.).
26. It’s not a show that involves rich, snobby assholes like the rest of MTV’s programming.
27.Tom Anderson’s yard/house has not yet been destroyed enough times
28. Stewart Stevenson has not yet been abused enough.
29. Younger generations will understand why this mugshot is so damn funny.
30. More holiday specials!
31. Potential return of this warning before every episode:
32. The world always needs more adult-oriented cartoons.
33. Parental guidance is overrated.
34. It reminds us why it’s awesome to do the devil horns symbol while rocking out.
35. “Come to Butt-head”
36. Because we want to see what these idiots do next...