Subscribe To Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Release Date Set For November 6th? Updates
I've already subscribed
There's been a lot of insider-leaks lately in the gaming industry, especially on forum boards. The latest leak is regarding a huge list of multiplayer details and allegedly the official release date for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
MP1st [via CVG] managed to snag the info before it was taken down by Activision. And anytime a publisher has information removed or taken down, you can probably bet that it's because it's true...just like with Capcom the YouTube users and the disc-locked content.
The release date for the game is supposedly set for November 6th of this year, which keeps in line with the annual November release date for previous Call of Duty games. Also, the November 6th date is even more plausible than the previous retailer listing that had the game arriving on November 12th.
You can check out the complete list of the game's features below, which includes some interesting additions and removals, such as no more MOAB, no more nukes and no more Death Streaks. However, one thing most fans will probably enjoy is the re-addition of the customization feature which did not appear in last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Leaked Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Information
• This year, Call of Duty will return with it's ninth installment with Black Ops 2. As expected it will be following Treyarch's previous game Black Ops. It's release date is set for the 6th of November.
• Escort, a new game mode similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed. The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
• Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
• Team Defender and Infected will not return
• Will follow from Modern Warfare 3's system
• Larger emphasis on objectives
• A bomb plant is worth 2 points
• A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
• flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
• The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified. 2 kills now gets you 1 perk. The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks. The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks. The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks. You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills. Perks only become "Pro" when you have them Pro
• RC XD will not return
• Heat vision is a new Pointstreak reward. When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon. This scopes main advantage is it's ability to detect enemies through most walls. Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
• Item Packages requires 5 points. Fall along side care packages and air drop traps. Features a list of package items only including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armor
• There will be 15 prestiges
• There will be 50 ranks
• Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
• The final prestige has 90 levels
• ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
• Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
• There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of leveling clans)
• Clan Tournaments can now be implemented
• No MOAB or Nuke
• No last stand
• No death streaks
• No flame thrower attachment
• Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
• Improved sniper rifle usage.
• No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
• Less sway
• No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
• Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.
• Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
• No grenade launchers
• Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
• Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
• 1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
• A person will now bleed out if severely injured.
Perk System 2.0
• The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
• There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
• Both require different challenges to unlock
• Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their "Perk Pro".
• Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
• For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
• Speed - Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight. Pro I - Swaps weapons faster. Pro II - Throws equipment faster
• Will be returning with vast improvements.
• Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
• Bots now have an advance AI system
• Similar to the behavior seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival