Throughout the last couple of films, the Fast & Furious movies have really hit a stride. Last spring, the sixth film in the franchise hit the market. May was actually quite a while ago, and you’d think the film might be available on DVD and Blu-ray already, but Universal Studios Home Entertainment won’t be releasing Fast & Furious 6 onto Blu-ray or DVD until December 10. Alternatively, fans who are super invested in nabbing a copy of the film will be able to purchase it on Digital HD beginning on November 19. Fans can also purchase a pretty sweet steelbook Blu-ray set for the film, pictured below.
The sixth film in the franchise is congested with famous names and faces. Fast & Furious 6 stars franchise veterans Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, and Michelle Rodriguez, as well as Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Sung Kang, Luke Evans,and Gina Carano, in a plot that follows the successful heist crew turning a new leaf and working for the Diplomatic Security Service in order to receive amnesty and be welcomed back into the United States. This new plotline should help the franchise to riff off into new directions in the future, as there looks to be at least a few more Fast & Furious movies in the works, and the next one should be coming sooner rather than later.
The big extra with the film will be the extended version that comes exclusively with the Blu-ray. I’m not really certain how much extra footage comes is actually involved, though. Universal Studios Home Entertainment is staying mum about how many minutes of extra footage will be available, so I’m guessing it won’t be a ton. Regardless, the studio is stating that the extended cut will be filled with even more “intense action,” so that’s cool. There’s actually a ton of bonus features both exclusive to the Blu-ray and on the DVD. Universal also put together some sweet blurbs explaining exactly what will be available in each featurette, so I won’t waste too much more of your time talking about the disc. You can peruse the bonus features, below, or go ahead and pre-order the set over at Amazon.
Fast & Furious 6 Exclusive Blu-ray Extras
- Extended Version of the Film
- “Take Control”—Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and director Justin Lin appear at key moments throughout the film, offering observations and reflections on the movie, behind-the-scenes footage and more.
- “Planes, Tanks and Automobiles”
- “The London Chase”—Gives viewers a front-row seat for the filming of a sprawling car chase through the streets of one of the world’s most historic—and congested—cities.
- “Highway Heist: The Convoy Attack”—A first-hand account of a meticulously planned and executed action sequence, as Dominic’s gang saves the day
- “The Antonov Takedown”—An exploration of what went into creating Fast & Furious 6’s spectacular finale sequence.
- “Dom and Letty Race Again” – Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez reunite on screen.
- “Gearhead’s Delight”—Narrated by car lover Paul Walker, this piece features Dom’s latest Charger, Brian’s Nissan Skyline GTR, the BMW M5’s, the Alfa Romeo and the classic cars from the film’s car-auction scene.
- “The FLIP Car”—Provides an inside look at the Fast franchise’s newest mind-blowing vehicle—the pivoting FLIP car.
- “Hand-to-Hand Fury”—This jam-packed featurette offers viewers a detailed look at the rehearsals, choreography, stunt work and filming
Fast & Furious 6 Blu-ray and DVD Extras
- Deleted Scenes
- “The Making of Fast & Furious 6”
- “The Fastest of Them All”—Chronicles the epic saga of the Fast films from chapters three through six.
- “Reuniting the Team”—Explores the characters (and actors)
- “Letty’s Return”—Heralded by a crowd-pleasing cliffhanger in Fast Five, Michelle Rodriguez (“Letty”) makes a dramatic return in the sixth installment.
- “The Mastermind and The Mole”—Viewers meet Fast “newbies” Luke Evans (“Shaw”) and Gina Carano (“Riley”)
- On the Set with Vin—Vin Diesel talks through a stunt he is about to perform
- Feature Commentary with Director Justin Lin
Amazing Race & Top Chef superfan with a pinch of Disney fairy dust thrown in. If you’ve created a rom-com I’ve probably watched it.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.