More details are starting to emerge from former Real World star Joey Kovar’s final night, and if true, they paint the picture of a man who was spinning out of control. The twenty-nine-year-old reportedly showed up at a female friend’s house a little before midnight having done cocaine earlier in the night and asked if she could drive him to buy more. When she refused, he allegedly drank some alcohol, took a Viagra, messed around with her and then went to bed. When his lady friend awoke the next morning, Kovar was reportedly bleeding and lifeless with blackened eyes, a typical sign of a drug overdose.
According to TMZ, the female friend told detectives the deceased had been taking more than the prescribed amounts of Adderall and Xanax in recent weeks. If abused, the combination can do a number on one’s heart, especially when mixed with alcohol. Authorities are reportedly operating off the working theory that all the substances in Kovar’s body caused him to have an aneurysm, but obviously, that hypothesis is merely that until the coroner does an autopsy and toxicology reports come back.
If this is really what happened on Kovar’s final night, it’s further proof of how little it sometimes takes to cause an overdose. No doubt the Celebrity Rehab star had plenty of crazier nights during his lifetime, but after years, his body may have just given out. Pop Blend’s thoughts go out to Kovar’s friends and family. He will be missed.
Enthusiastic about Clue, case-of-the-week mysteries, the NBA and cookies at Disney World. Less enthusiastic about the pricing structure of cable, loud noises and Tuesdays.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.