Subscribe To Man Shoots Fireworks From Top Of His Head, Goes Terribly Wrong Updates
I've already subscribed
Ever since the legalization of fireworks in certain states, Fourth of July became slightly more dangerous for some. Add in the common partying antics, the drinking and goofiness, and well accidents happen. But in this particular case, a young man decided it would be a good idea to set fireworks off from the top of his head. And no matter how drunk you are, that should never even be a thought, let alone something to actually go through with it.
Unfortunately, Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks on Saturday night when the 22-year-old placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head, and set it off according Associated Press. The fireworks exploded, and ended up killing Staples almost instantly. Though his death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalized fireworks in 2012, the use of the explosives are prone to many accidents.
Every year state fire marshals are left investigating several Fourth of July firework accidents usually involving burns and eye injuries. In 2011 lawmakers voted a repeal to the 1949 law that banned fireworks. The reasoning behind the repeal was that the industry would create jobs, and generate revenue, especially around the summer holiday season. The problem is, mostly anyone can buy them now in certain states, and aside from the irresponsible, accidents themselves are much more prone to happen when they are not be handled by professionals.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, fireworks were involved in more than 10,000 injuries and 11 deaths last year, with a majority of those injuries between June 20th and July 20th. We’re all for American pride, but maybe let’s try to be a little bit more safe when handling fireworks, or at least sober. It’s all fun and games till someone blows their head off, literally.