Subscribe To How To Import Your Old Save Data Into The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Updates
With The Walking Dead: A New Frontier coming soon to home consoles and PC, some gamers may want to import their saves so that their decisions will carry over, however since many people may have played the previous installments on an older generation of hardware, there's a problem. The newest season of The Walking Dead won't be released on the Xbox 36o or Playstation 3. This means that you may have to take some different steps to import your old saves from the Xbox 360, PS3, iOS, Android or even PC.
Over on the official Telltale website they offer a step-by-step guide on how to import your saves from the older consoles, mobile devices or PC into The Walking Dead: A New Frontier for the Xbox One or PS4. There are different steps depending on whether you're importing from the same platform or from one platform to another.
Importing A Save From The Same Platform
1. Select 'Episodes' from the main menu
2. Click on 'Continue Your Story'
3. Choose the saved game from your hard drive
4. Import up to four saves
Importing A Save From A Different Platform
1. Make sure your device is online
2. Create a Telltale account for free from the official website
3. Download and install the patch for The Walking Dead: Season 2 on whatever device you have your saves on.
4. Upload your saved game using the "Save Files" menu
5. Save files must be a complete season
6. Head to the Telltale WD2 website
7. Select the platform you wish to import your save from
8. Open up The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
9. Go into the account settings and import the save from your Telltale account
10. Click on Import to download the save
11. Confirm the download and then head back to the main menu
12. Select "Episodes" and then select "Continue Your Story"
13. You can then start Episode 1 with your saved data from the main menu
Creating A Backstory From Scratch
1. From the main menu choose "Continue Your Story"
2. Select the "Recreate" tab to generate a new story
3. Use the story generator to select your choices
4. Once finished click on "Start Story" from the menu
5. Head back to the main menu and click "Start Episode 1"
The import feature works for PC, iOS, Android, Xbox 360 and PS3 devices. You'll be able to import saves from different platforms to the Xbox One and PS4 using the Telltale website. Unfortunately, if you have the PlayStation Vita you won't be able to import the saved games from that platform. They don't explain why the PlayStation Vita isn't supported, but that's just way the dice falls.
Telltale Games will be releasing the first episode, which will be available in two-parts, for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier starting December December 20th next week on Tuesday for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, iOS and Android devices.
The new season will be running on Telltale's latest iteration of their game engine, which they first introduced with Batman: The Telltale Series. The upcoming point and click adventure will continue the adventures of Clementine, but this time she'll also be joined by a new face as well.
The gameplay is expected to stay the same as before, but there have been some upgrades in the backend. Whether or not that means the PS4 and Xbox One versions will get special features remains to be seen, but if you're still rocking the Xbox 360 or PS3, you're safe to import your saved games from one season of The Walking Dead to the next without any hassle.