When Turn 10 and Playground Games announced the Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Horizon
, they mentioned it would come with some sort of VIP membership. Today they explained just what that entails.
VIP Membership gives players extra slots for storing videos, photos and such on the game's Storefront. You'll get additional storage space in your MyForza Gallery on the game's website as well. A special VIP icon attached to your Gamertag will let other Horizon
players know your special status.
Membership also entails access to exclusive content. Horizon
VIPs will be able to play Rival Modes event in the game. They'll also get access to these five cars:
- 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder -- Going topless in an all-wheel drive super car might be illegal in some places, but just try and catch this culprit. The R8 GT Spyder has enough power and traction to leave nothing but the brief memory of its taillights in the mind of anyone trying to match its pace.
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera -- The Agera is one of the most interesting of the current breed of hypercar. It certainly has the requisite manic power numbers courtesy of a 940 horsepower twin-turbo 5-liter V8. With a top speed of greater than 260 mph and a sub-three-second 0-60 mph time, no one can deny its performance.
- 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento -- Faceted like a cut diamond, there’s no mistaking the Sesto Elemento for anything else on the road—even other Lamborghinis. Sesto elemento is Italian for “sixth element;” aka carbon, a not-so-subtle hint that the body is composed entirely of carbon fiber.
- 2012 Pagani Huayra -- When one thinks of Pagani cars, it’s natural to think of craftsmanship, performance, and a platonic ideal of automotive beauty. The Huayra has been a long time in the making as designer Horacio Pagani began work on the car in 2003. But, like all works of art—automotive or otherwise—true beauty takes time.
- 2011 RUF Rt 12 R -- Starting with the traditional 911 body-in-white, RUF completely rebuilds or replaces the rest of the componentry, and the result is stunning—730 horsepower and 693 ft-lbs. of torque, enough to rival all but the most extreme supercars. While the R can do things that few cars can equal, it does so precisely and without drama; a skilled driver can use this car as a finely tuned racing tool.
You can see four of these bonus vehicles in the gallery below. They're all extremely sleek sports cars. The 2011 RUF isn't pictured but rest assured it's very fetch as well.
The Forza Horizon Limited Collector's Edition
, priced at $79.99, also comes with five exclusive liveries, another car pack, accelerator tokens to speed up your career progression, and a Horizon Festival Ticket. The Festival Ticket will entitle you to additional exclusive content through Xbox Live, such as new cars and in-game events.
A whole lot more Forza Horizon
news will be coming soon. Starting tomorrow, new cars from the game will be revealed on a daily basis. Turn 10 will also be hosting special events through their Facebook and Twitter accounts.