Rockstar Games will be updating GTA 5's multiplayer tomorrow with a new mode called Capture. Capture mode will be available for free through automatic update 1.08 on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Capture is a criminal twist on Capture the Flag. Two teams try to steal valuables from each other. Violence is allowed and encouraged. There are 20 new Capture Jobs, spread across four different sub-modes:
- RAID - In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents’ base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match.
- HOLD - When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.
- GTA - As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.
- CONTEND - In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.
On the Rockstar Newswire, the development team detailed a few specific Jobs you'll find throughout Los Santos and Blaine County. In "My Maibatsu," four teams compete to steal dirt bikes from a factory and bring them back to their base. "Field of Screams" has two teams battling over a Fieldmaster tractor.
The Capture update will also make various bug fixes and tweaks to the game. Here are the full patch notes for 1.08:
- Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
- Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
- Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
- Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
- Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
- Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
- Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
- BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
- Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
- Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
- Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
- Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
- Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
- Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
- The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
- Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
- Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
- Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
- Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
- Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
- Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
- Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
- Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
- Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.
Earlier this month, Rockstar released a free Content Creator for GTA Online to allow players to build and share custom races and deathmatches. They'll continue to refine the Content Creator over time. The company's DLC plans for 2014 include a single-player add-ons starring Franklin, Michael and Trevor.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.