Maxis is on the verge of launching The Sims 4
. Players who log into the game tonight will find an important patch waiting for them.
Everyone who pre-loading the game through Origin can begin pre-loading the files now. Just launch the Origin client to begin the download.
The Sims 4
will launch on September 2nd
at 12 am Eastern. The launch is simultaneous throughout the United States, so players living further west will actually be playing it today. The release time is 9pm Pacific and 11pm Central time.
The Day One patch will include the following bug fixes (via EA
's help site):
Severe Issues / Crashes:
The Sims 4
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit”, “Glitter and Abs”, “Big Hat of Shame”, “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar”, not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.
will also unlock in Central Asia and Russia tomorrow. Australia, Japan and most of Europe will receive it on the 4th. The UK, New Zealand, South Africa and India will bring up the rear on the 5th.
If you're considering a last-minute purchase, check out the system requirements first
. Also note that the game is only launching on PC this week; the Mac version is currently unaccounted for.
It's one of a few pre-launch controversies about the game, along with the exclusion of toddlers and pools from the launch build