Leave a Comment
Live streaming platform Twitch will be available on Xbox One when the console launches. However, players will only be watch existing video streams. They won't be able to broadcast their own gameplay at first.
"We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too," reads a new post from Twitch on Xbox Wire. "We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready."
When the Xbox One is released on Friday, gamers will be able to use the console to view streams from PC, PS4 and other consoles. Using the Xbox One's Snap feature, they can view these broadcasts while also running another app. They can also instantly switch to Twitch at any time via voice command.
Twitch users on Xbox One can also earn Achievements just by watching streams. The app will ship with 10 Achievements in total. Here's a run-down on them:
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday