Subscribe To The 5 Most Popular Female Halloween Costumes Based On 2015 Movies Updates
I've already subscribed
Halloween offers a beautiful form of escapism. By donning a costume, we either get to be the person (or thing) we’ve always dreamed of being, or the person who scares us the most. Some of us embrace the terror. Others just want to be the "sexy" version of a recognizable stereotype. Everyone, basically, just wants to look cool.
Do you have your costume picked out yet? If not, Fandango is here to help. The company surveyed more than a thousand film fans in October about which 2015 movie-inspired costumes they’ll be wearing this Halloween, and the results are in. You might even be able to guess a number of these. And maybe they’ll inspire you as you race to put together a last-minute costume idea. Here are the top 5 female costumes, as chosen by Fandango readers. I’m sure the stripper from Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse was No. 6:
5. FuriosaSorry, Max. When it comes to Fury Road-inspired costumes, the intense Furiosa (Charlize Theron) has you beat – as a glance at the Male list did not produce a win for Tom Hardy’s roving road warrior. While I don’t doubt that a number of inspired female Halloween participants will don the beige wardrobe of Theron’s one-armed leader, I am curious how many of them will fully commit to the bit and shave their heads. Because, you know, cutting off your arm and replacing it with a robotic limb would be too extreme.
4. JoyThis is great. Pixar has been doing so much in recent years to create strong female characters – from Cowgirl Jessie to Merida. Joy is the latest breakout character, the driving force behind the animation giant’s summer hit Inside Out. Only, no one tell Sadness that she didn’t make the list because, well, you know.
3. LeiaThe Fandango list says that this is for 2015 movies, which MIGHT mean that they want readers to dress as Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Which is totally fine, though I’m guessing that if you are at a party this weekend, you will see more of the New Hope style Leias or, of course, the gold bikini Leias. Also, be on the lookout for Daisy Ridley-inspired Rey costumes… though they may be even bigger next year, when most of us have seen the actual film.
2. Black WidowScarlet Witch made her debut, and Captain Marvel is on her way. But when it comes to Marvel superheroes, Black Widow still holds the crown for the most popular Halloween costume. It’s really just a simple black jumpsuit, now that I stop to think about it, with some additional weaponry strung on a black belt. Tony Stark has had more than a dozen Iron Man suits over the course of these Marvel films. Can’t Black Widow get herself an alteration?
1. Katniss EverdeenAnd the Girl on Fire remains "on fire," as Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen takes the top spot on Fandango’s costume poll (in the ladies bracket). The character has come such a long way since being selected to compete in the initial Hunger Games. And audiences will be able to see her journey conclude this November when the final assault on the Capitol takes place. Until then, grab an archery set, throw a three-fingered salute in the air, and hit the road this Halloween, ladies. You now have five potential costumes to borrow. Which one will you choose?