This week it was “The Cable Guy” vs. “The Waterboy” vs. “The Rookie”....well Jim Carrey took the top slot with the Sand man securing the third slot. As for Flight of the Phoenix, suffice to say it crashed and burned. Closer opened wide this week, however audiences stayed farther away. The Polar Express still seems to be holding on strong, look for a little holiday boom next week courtesy of Jesus’s Birthday.
Next week it’s a Battle Royal at the box office. Phantoms, and Fockers, and Leo, OH MY! Also in the melée is the wide release of Life Aquatic and the humbug counter marketing of Darkness and Fat Albert. In limited release look for an African Don Cheadle and a child molesting Kevin Bacon. Anyways, enough yappin’...Here’s This Week’s Top Ten...
1. Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events* - $30.2 Million
2. Ocean’s Twelve - $18.3 Million ($68.7M)
3. Spanglish* - $9 Million
4. The Polar Express - $8.6 Million ($123.6M)
5. Blade: Trinity - $6.6 Million ($35.4M)
6. National Treasure - $6.1 Million ($132.8M)
7. Christmas With The Kranks - $5.7 Million ($62.3M)
8. Flight of the Phoenix* - $5.2 Million
9. Closer - $3.5 Million ($19M)
10. The Incredibles - $3.3 Million ($237.1M)
* = Indicates New Release
Click Image to Read Official Cinema Blend Review
Fan Mail? Hate Mail?.
SUBMIT A SCOOP