Subscribe To 5 Minecraft Creations That Are Insanely Detailed Updates
I've already subscribed
When Minecraft first released while I was in college in 2011, it caught on fast. I even played the Alpha version before it fully released and I was totally taken aback by the gameplay, namely because it was unlike anything I had ever played before. With all of the emphasis on making a game look pretty in today’s gaming industry, the rough Alpha version didn’t do that, but somehow the Minecraft community just ate it up.
Years later, Minecraft has become a worldwide sensation with players of all ages letting their creative minds run free in a world with literally no boundaries. So here are some of the craziest and most detailed Minecraft creations that prove anything is possible in Minecraft.
1. Los AngelcraftIt’s not uncommon to see Minecraft enthusiasts attempting to build major cities within the massive world of Minecraft, but one user, Fujiwara1990, decided to build the entire city of Los Angeles. While it’s not constructed exactly like the city, the inspired design is so close to the original, it’s creepy. Even the Santa Monica pier with its characteristic ferris wheel is visible in the above shot of the map. The creator said,
Every building is freely accessible and partly furnished. Every building, tree or road is build by me. I use black windows for the big black diamond styled skyscraper. For all buildings and roads I use clay, no flammable wool. This isn't a 100% copy of Los Angeles, I'm just inspired on it. But I think the atmosphere with long palms, high buildings and luxury houses is very near to the typical Los Angeles flair. (I never was in Los Angeles).
Seeing as how Fujiwara1990 has never even been to Los Angeles, it’s pretty impressive that he nailed the feel of the city, from the dry mountains to the sprawling beaches.
2. LOST Plane CrashAptly dubbed “Minecraft: LOST Version”, this creation wonderfully shows off a plane crash on what appears to be an island. It’s one thing to build an airplane in Minecraft, which is quite the feat in itself. But to build a crashed airplane? Now that’s talent. In LOST, a plane crash-landed on an abandoned island, leaving its passengers stranded. While the fate of the people that were boarded on this Minecraft airplane is undetermined, it’s safe to say it’s an interestingly unique approach to creating in the Minecraft universe.
3. Nether CathedralWith no particular reference, the Nether Cathedral creation is dark and mysterious in all of its devilish beauty. Right down to the hissing pits of lava, this creation digs back to its Hellish roots to celebrate the dark side of Minecraft creations.
I am half-expecting to see walking skeletons or demons with hooves and horns walking through the archway. It still boggles me how people can find the time and energy to craft such extravagant and detailed structures in a virtual world. I wouldn’t be surprised if employers started looking at Minecraft creations to determine a level of creativity for a position with their company.
4. King’s Landing In Game Of ThronesYou just knew there was going to be a Game Of Thrones entry on this list. With a hardcore following of whole-heartedly dedicated fans, one Minecraft user decided to recreate King’s Landing from the Game Of Thrones series.
King’s Landing, if you don’t know, is the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, and if that means absolutely nothing to you, let’s just say it’s a huge and overpopulated city in Westeros.
5. Sonic The Hedgehog LevelIf you’ve ever played a Sonic The Hedgehog level, then you know these level designers weren’t messing around. I can’t tell you how many times I became dazed and confused, especially in levels like Chemical Plant and even Casino Nights. So the fact that someone designed a mini-version of Emerald Hill zone (at least it looks like Emerald Hill zone) is overly impressive. They also managed to sneak in Sonic’s name in the background along with the infamous timer that counts down before your time ends in the level. Those who are nostalgic for classic Sonic The Hedgehog games will really get a kick out of this insane creation.