Today Dead Rising 3 received a whopping 13GB patch. This title update brings several fixes and lays the groundwork for Dead Rising 3's first DLC episode, Operation Broken Eagle.
The title update makes the Xbox One exclusive more stable in both single-player and co-op. It also corrects some bugs related to the graphiscs, missions and SmartGlass support. Here are the full patch notes:
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
Operation Broken Eagle is the first of four DLC episodes planning for Dead Rising 3. This debut episode in the "Untold Stories of Los Perdidos" series stars Adam Kane, a spec ops commander. Kane heads into the zombie-infested town in order to find the President of the United States.
"In 'Operation Broken Eagle' you’re going in with a big military point of view and deadly weapons, including this awesome chaingun that just rips apart the zombies," executive producer Josh Bridge told Xbox Wire. "We really tried to focus on telling a single-player story with this experience and all of the cool things you get with the episode, including the weapons and items and vehicles, can be used in the Dead Rising 3 main storyline and in co-op as well."
Each of the "Untold Stories" will star a different playable character. The episodes will be priced at $9.99 apiece. Capcom is also offering a $29.99 Season Pass, which includes all four DLC packs and a bonus "Nick Ramos Tribute Pack".