Hi-Rez Studios will release a new expansion for MMO shooter Global Agenda
this fall. The Recursive Colony
expansion will be free for all players.
"Players seeking a quest-driven, narrative experience post level 20 can now level-up in the new Open Zone as an alternative to, or in addition to, our instanced missions”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. "We’ve also included a new set of instanced PvE and PvP content for players at all levels."
The titular Recursive Colony is a group of hive-minded robots that are intruding on the player hub of Dome City. These new enemy robots will appear in both missions and the Open Zone. Daily quests will take players into the Colony's nodes and ruins. Here's the full list of additions in the expansion:
- New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, vendors, social spaces
- New enemy bots - encountered within Open Zone as well as instanced missions
- Daily Repeatable Quests - for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions - now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
- New Dyes, Flair, and Trails - rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops, others given via achievements
- New Pets - new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
- New Blueprints - for consumables and mods
- Easier crafting - components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
- New High/Max/UltraMax missions entering the Spec Ops queues
- New PvP Map - Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
- New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map - Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
- Revamped Intro Missions - Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
- Some quests now affect the state of the world (example - Brownouts in Dome City...)
- Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
- Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
- Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
- Improved Vendor Item Previewing
Hi-Rez will be bringing Recursive Colony
with them to PAX Prime this weekend. If you're in attendance, you'll get a chance to log some hands-on time with the new content.