The Sims 4
is not exactly a challenging game but Maxis included several cheat codes for players who want a helping hand. These cheats let you protect your Sims from death or shower them in money, among other things.
You can unlock the first set of cheats by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C (COMMAND+SHIFT+C on Mac, whenever the game hits that platform
). This command opens an input window where you can type out cheat codes. Here are the cheats you can use along with a description of each:
- help - Outputs all commands available to the player in the command console.
- death.toggle - Toggles the true/false value of death – when off, death is disabled and no sims will die.
- freeRealEstate [on/off] - Only available to enter when in neighborhood/world. When toggled on, home purchases are free. When toggled off, homes costs the usual amount.
- fullscreen - Toggles The Sims 4 full screen mode, on or off.
- headlineEffects [on/off] - Disables “headline” effects including plumbobs, thought balloons, etc. so as to not obscure the player’s view.
- kaching - Adds 1000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
- motherlode - Adds 50,000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
- resetSim [FirstName] [LastName] - Resets the selected Sim's name..
- rosebud - Adds 1000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
You can access another set of cheats by entering "testingcheats true." This allows you to then enter "cas.fulleditmode" for an enhanced version of Create-A-Sim
. You'll be able to change previously locked features of Sims like traits or styles.
Once testingcheats is enabled, you can also use a wide range of interactive cheats. When you shift-click on an Object or Sims, you'll be provided with several options on how to change them:
Shift-Click on Sims
Shift-Click on Objects
- Reset Object – Resets the sim.
- Add to Family – Add the selected sim to the current household family.
- Cheat Motive, Make Happy – Fills all motive/need bars and give the Happy Mood.
- Cheat Motive, Enable Motive Decay – Motives/needs change normally.
- Cheat Motive, Disable Motive Decay – Motives/needs freeze.
- Modify in CAS – Edit in CAS, except name and inherited traits.
Shift-Click on Ground
- Reset Object – Resets the object.
- Make Dirty – If the object can become dirty, it will.
- Make Clean – If the object is dirty, becomes clean.
- Teleport Sim – Immediately teleports sim to selected position.
The final, and arguably greatest cheat, is Shift + ]. Using this command while selecting an object allows you to grow an object to any size. If you want a toilet the size of a skyscraper
, this cheat will fulfill that wish.