Say what you will about Disney, but it is one well-run company. To elaborate, it is one extremely productive, well-run company that now has a brand new foothold in another part of the world. Disney announced today the company is set to join up with UTH Russia, a media holding company in the aforementioned country. Disney will take a 49 percent share of the ad-supported channel and UTH will nab the remaining 51 percent.
I have a love-hate relationship with the Disney Channel. On one hand, they have allowed me to doze on the couch many a pre-dawn morning while my kids watched Imagination Movers enraptured. On the other hand, well, Hannah Montana. And I can only be thankful that my kids now sleep until sunrise and then head to school since Disney Channel has just given the green light to a talking dog project
Phineas and Ferb is anything but boring, but it is a rarity on the cable network. So, it’s no surprise Disney Television Animation has locked down creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, for a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract. As part of the deal the two creators will be involved with the Phineas and Ferb feature film currently in developed. The two are planning a spinoff series, as well as a brand new pilot. They’ll be making a bit of money, but it looks like there will be a lot of work involved.
Apparently, all it takes is doing your hair up like Carla Gugino to land your own show on the Disney Channel. The tactic is certainly working for network worker bee Debby Ryan who, after years of playing fourth fiddle on Suite Life on Deck, has finally landed her own pilot
American Idol goes Disney this week with guest mentor Miley Cyrus signing on to help the Top 11 Finalists prepare for Billboard No. 1 Hits Week. Then, on the results show, she'll be joined by fellow Disney Channel stars Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato, performing their single, "Make a Wave." Cyrus will perform "When I Look At You."
This Sunday, Hannah Montana is set to feature a guest appearance from Two and a Half Men’s Jon Cryer. We have some details about the episode, including a clip featuring Cryer.
Pop singer Jordin Sparks is headed for the S.S. Tipton later this month. Disney announced today that the American Idol champ is set to perform on The Suite Life on Deck. We’ve got a couple of video clips from the episode along with some details about Sparks’ appearance on the show.
Well, it’s about time! It was announced today that The Walt Disney Company and Hulu are in the process of closing a deal which, among other things, will mean Hulu will eventually include ABC shows on their site. Why is this such a big deal? I mean, can’t we just watch ABC’s shows on their website? Sure you can, if you can get the player to work without it freezing up.
It’s Miley!!! Yeah, I rarely take an interest in the latest going-ons with Miley Cyrus and her Disney Channel show Hanna Montana, however, since this Sunday’s episode concerns a certain second-place winner of last season’s American Idol, that definitely makes the show a tad bit more appealing.
It just won’t stop. Disney has announced that High School Musical 4 is on the way in 2010. After a brief stop in theaters the show is returning to its Disney Channel roots. Too bad not a single original cast member is slated to be back.
Halloween is almost here and since plenty of you out there are probably looking for some great scary movies and other Halloweenish-type episodes and specials to watch this weekend. We took a look at the listings and pulled out a few things we thought you might be in the mood for.
I really can’t picture myself sitting in a crowded theater, surrounded by giggly tweens, probably there for their second or third repeat viewing, all set to sing along with Zac and Vanessa. I like HSM, but not so much that I’ll be lining up at the theater to get at it. No, I like my HSM from the comfort of my own couch, in my pajamas where no one can witness me smiling through each song and dance routine.
There’s good news for fans of the Jonas Brothers and Disney Channel’s TV movie Camp Rock as it looks like Disney’s planning on moving forward with a sequel to the movie. What’s more, all of the principle cast (including all three Jonas brothers) should be back for Camp Rock 2 (or whatever they’re going to call it). That’s the good news. The not-so-good news is, the movie isn’t expected to go into production until summer of 2009.
Perhaps it's an issue of a made-for-TV movie not really fitting into any of the categories but after reviewing the nominations for this year's Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards, I couldn't help but notice that the hugely popular Disney Channel TV movie, High School Musical 2 didn't get any nominations.