Microsoft has announced another Xbox One bundle for the fall. The Xbox One Holiday Bundle, launching in October at $399, comes with several games.
The first game in the bundle is the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. This remake of the Xbox 360 shooter upgrades the visuals to 1080p and includes the six campaign chapters previously exclusive to PC. The multiplayer runs at 60 frames per second and includes 19 maps and six modes. Dedicated servers, skill-based matchmaking and spectator mode are all included for online play.
Microsoft (opens in new tab) notes that the Ultimate Edition comes with an extra bonus. If you play it on Xbox Live by December 31st, you'll also get access to the rest of the Gears of Wars series. The original Xbox 360 versions of these other Gears games will be playable on Xbox One once backwards compatibility goes live in November.
Ori and the Blind Forest is also part of package. This action platform puts players in the shoes of a guardian spirit trying to restore the forest. Players must use a set of upgradeable skills to defeat enemies, avoid obstacles and solve puzzles. Ori's currently one of the best-reviewed games on Xbox One, with review scores averaging around 88.
Retro gamers will be pleased to find Rare Replay in this bundle. This recently released compilation of Rare games includes 30 classics from throughout the studio's history. Here's the full list of games you can play, along with their original release year and platform:
- Jetpac (1983, ZX Spectrum)
- Lunar Jetman (1983, ZX Spectrum)
- Atic Atac (1983, ZX Spectrum)
- Sabre Wulf (1984, ZX Spectrum)
- Underwurlde (1984, ZX Spectrum)
- Knight Lore (1984, ZX Spectrum)
- Gunfright (1985, ZX Spectrum)
- Slalom (1986, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- R.C. Pro-Am (1987, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Cobra Triangle (1989, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Snake Rattle 'n Roll (1990, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship (1990, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Digger T. Rock: The Legend of the Lost City (1990, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Battletoads (1991, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- R.C. Pro-Am II (1992, Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Battletoads (1994, Arcade)
- Killer Instinct Gold (1996, Nintendo 64)
- Blast Corps (1997, Nintendo 64)
- Banjo-Kazooie (1998, Nintendo 64, based on the Xbox 360 re-release)
- Jet Force Gemini (1999, Nintendo 64)
- Perfect Dark (2000, Nintendo 64, based on the Xbox 360 re-release)
- Banjo-Tooie (2000, Nintendo 64, based on the Xbox 360 re-release)
- Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001, Nintendo 64)
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies (2003, Xbox)
- Kameo: Elements of Power (2005, Xbox 360)
- Perfect Dark Zero (2005, Xbox 360)
- Viva Piñata (2006, Xbox 360)
- Jetpac Refuelled (2006, Xbox 360)
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (2008, Xbox 360)
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008, Xbox 360)
The package also comes with a black Xbox One and wireless controller. The console is loaded with a 1GB hard drive, or twice the capacity of the original XB1.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.