Disney+ started on day one with a library of popular content that is impressive by any measure, but it was far from complete. Existing deals with other streaming services kept a significant amount of content off the service at launch. The new year brought the end to a lot of thoseexisting deals and thus brought a lot of new material to Disney+. February isn't going to see the same sort of massive influx of Disney owned content, but it will see a lot of movies and series both new and old, joining the streaming service.
January 1st also saw the removal of a handful of titles, and since Disney+ has not started announcing when titles are leaving the service, we could see that happen in February as well. Still, even if that's the case, we're still getting a lot of stuff added to Disney+ that will hopefully keep fans happy and fill in any gaps left by anything that might leave.
Saturday, February 1
- Around The World In 80 Days
- Big Business
- The Sandlot (Returning Title)
- Wicked Tuna (Season 1-2)
Sunday, February 2
- Descendants 3
Wednesday, February 5
- Toy Story 4
In a very interesting move, one of the titles that disappeared in January, The Sandlot, will be making its return in February. It makes the film's disappearance at the first of the year all the more bizarre. Disney claimed the removals were due to previously existing deals, but what streaming deal only lasts a month? Regardless, those fans who were upset to see it go, will be happy it's back. It's the first title to return after being delisted, and none of the other removed movies are coming back in February, so it's anybody's guess when the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise will be whole again.
In addition, Descendants fans will soon be able to stream the entire trilogy of Disney Channel Original Movies, and the next big screen theatrical film, following Aladdin's release last month, will join the service when Toy Story 4, arrives in early February. Since Toy Story 4 came out in theaters a month after Aladdin it's looking like seven months is going to be the regular gap we'll see between theatrical release and a movie being added to Disney+.
Friday, February 7
- Diary of a Future President Episode 104 - “The National Mall”
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 114 - “Toy Story: Toy Bins”
- Marvel’s Hero Project Episode 114 - “Dynamic Danielle”
- One Day At Disney Episode 110 - “Grace Lee: Storybook Artist”
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
Sunday, February 9
- Old Dogs
Friday, February 14
- My Dog, The Thief
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Diary of a Future President Episode 105 - “Whistleblower”
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings (Premiere)_ -_ Episode 201 - “Marching Down the Aisle”
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 115 - “Princess and the Frog: Lily Pads”
- Marvel’s Hero Project Episode 115 - “Roving Robbie”
- One Day At Disney Episode 111 - “Kristina Dewberry: Imagineering Construction Manager”
The Next Disney+ original movie arrives on February 7 with Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made, which, based on the film's trailer, looks quite funny. We'll also see the normal slate of new erpisodes of original series arriving every Friday. The slate that will last through February continues to include Marvel Hero Project and Disney Family Sundays, as well as the relatively new addition of Diary of a Future President. February 14 will also see the Disney+ of a new season of the former Freeform series, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, but if you ask me the real blue chip addition is the 80s romantic comedy Splash where Tom Hanks falls in love with a mermaid played by Darryl Hannah.
Here's what the rest of February looks life:
Sunday, February 16
- Marvel’s Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
Friday, February 21
- Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri
- Marvel Rising: Playing with Fire
- Diary of a Future President Episode 106 - “Habeas Corpus”
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 202 - “Alaska to Marry Me”
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 116 - “Aristocats: Headbands”
- Marvel’s Hero Project Episode 116 - “Genesis The Amazing Animal Ally”
- One Day At Disney Episode 112 - “Vince Caro: Pixar Recording Engineer”
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Premiere - Episode 701- “The Bad Batch”
Tuesday, February 25
- Star Wars Resistance (Season 2)
Friday, February 28
- I Captured the King of Leprechauns
- Imagination Moves (Season 1-3)
- Marvel’s Future Avengers (Season 1)
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars
- Diary of a Future President Episode 107 - “Foreign Relations”
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 203 - “A Flashy Proposal”
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 117 - “Lion King: Paint Pour Artwork”
- Marvel’s Hero Project Episode 117 - “Superior Salvador”
- One Day At Disney Episode 113- “Lupe de Santiago : Seamstress”
- Shop Class Series Premiere - Episode 101 - “Hole-In-Won”
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 702 - “A Distant Echo”
Of course, the truly big new addition to Disney+ will come on February 21 when the highly anticipated seventh season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars finally arrives. Fans of the animated series have literally been waiting years for that one, and you can be sure they'll be tuning in. We now have the names of the first two episodes "The Bad Batch" and "A Distant Echo," so make of that what you will.
The last day of February will see more new content added to Disney+ than the first day of the month, including the debut of a new Disney+ original series, Shop Class, which will be a competition series in which teams of kids are tasked with designing, building, and testing new creations.
However, classic Disney fans will want to pay attention on the last day of the month because a very old school piece of Disney history is being added to Disney+. I Captured the King of Leprechauns is the title of an episode of Walt Disney Presents, from 1959, making it one of the oldest pieces of Disney television that you can find on Disney+. Hopefully, this is the first of many new additions like this.