Subscribe To Glee Watch: Comeback Updates
I've already subscribed
“Baby, baby, baby ohh”
McKinley High had a fever…Bieber Fever that coincided with their ‘anthem’ assignment.
Trying to be something you’re not: Rachel’s plan to climb the proverbial popularity food chain using Brittany backfired. Everyone emulated Brittany’s style and refused to believe it originated with Rachel. Rachel was dismayed to learn that she will never be thought of as a trend setter.
The power of the Biebs: The power of Justin Bieber isn’t something to be taken lightly. It causes girls to become uncontrollable panty droppers, in some cases, worse than Twi-hards. Sam set out to win Quinn back by ‘Bieberizing’ his hair and creating the band ‘Justin Bieber Experience’. Facing the post-Valentine slump, Mike, Puck and Artie jumped onboard. To their amazement the power of the Biebs worked.
Don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone: Quinn succumbed to Bieber Fever and chose to remain with Sam only to be shocked at the end when he dumped her for Santana.
Suicidal Sue: Sue had nothing to live for after her Cheerios' humiliating failure to qualify for nationals. Emma decided that Sue needed some musical therapy and convinced Will to let Sue join New Directions for a week. The music works but not in Glee’s best interest. Sue, now behind enemy lines, planned to destroy the Glee Club from within starting by pitting Mercedes and Rachel against each other.
There were several in this episode. Puck’s Bieber hair was hilarious, and I loved how he kept swinging his Bieber bangs around. I was also glad that Lauren pointed out the creepiness of lusting after Justin Bieber who looks like he’s 12 years-old.
Brittany wearing leg warmers on her arms was so Brittany, and Sam’s James Earl Jones impression was spot on. The best part was Santana’s response that it was offensive because he killed MLK. ‘history lesson fail’
• Sue- “I stopped my own heart. That’s my CIA training.”
• Sue - “Will, you have more grease in your hair than the guy behind Wikileaks.”
• Sam – “Two things win women over: hunting and rock and roll. There is no one more rock-and-roll than Justin Bieber.”
• Brittany – “The bottom of an ant’s pants.”
• Puck about Sam – “Dude that haircut makes your mouth look even bigger.”
• Sue about Sam – “I got to get that girl on my Cheerios.”
• Puck – “I’m at the end of my Lauren rope. I’ll do anything to get into those enormous pants.”
• Rachel to Brittany – “Kids R’ Us closes at 6 p.m. sharp.”
• Sue – “Briefly I was a tambourine player for Wilson-Phillips.”
• Brittany – “Most teachers think that by cutting class I might improve my grades.”
• Sue to Will “If I hear one classic rock song from Journey I will start pulling catheters.”
• Santana – “Except your mouth to face ratio is off, but you still manage to be cute.”
• Santana about Rachel – “Dwarf Diane Warren.”
• Justin Bieber’s ‘Baby’ (Sam)
• Justin Bieber’s ‘Somebody to Love’ (Sam, Puck, Artie and Mike)
• The Waitresses’ ‘I Know What Boys Like’ (Lauren)
• My Chemical Romance’s ‘Sing’ (New Directions)
• ‘Rent’s’ ‘Take Me or Leave Me’ (Rachel and Mercedes)
Did you catch... Emma’s pamphlet said, “I am too depressed to even open the pamphlet.” At the end during the ‘My Chemical Romance’ number, Sue was wearing a plaid track suit.
Shocking twist: Sue is now the vocal coach for Aural Intensity! I did not see that coming. Should be interesting.
Next week on Glee: Entitled "Blame it on the Alcohol", the students learn about the dangers of under age drinking and Rachel kisses Blaine!