Mists of Pandaria, the fourth expansion to World of Warcraft, may be headed to stores very soon. A tipster has released a picture of the game's box art, which also mentions the system requirements.
The system requirements writing is itty-bitty but MMO Champion was able to decipher some of it. They also compared the new requirements to those of the previous expansion, Cataclysm:
- Dual core CPU, up from a single core at 1.4 Ghz. It looks like it may mention a Intel Pentium D rather than Intel Pentium 4.
- 2GB RAM (or 1GB for Windows XP), up from 1GB RAM.
- The X1800 Pro (2005) is now the minimum required GPU, up from the 9500 (2002), which may no longer be supported.
- The GeForce FX 5000 series (2003) also has been dropped from the minimum requirements, replaced by the 6800 (2004).
- The minimum hard drive space is still 25GB.
- The minimum resolution is 1024x768.
- 4GB RAM, up from 2GB.
- 64bit Windows 7, up from 64bit Windows Vista/7.
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2, up from the Intel Pentium D.
- Nvidia 8800GT, up from the 8600.
- AMD 4830 512MB, up from the 2600.
The updated system requirements shouldn't affect you too much as long as you don't have a low-end system. Blizzard tries to update the visuals bit by bit each expansion so long-time players should be used to the creeping specs by now.
Mists of Pandaria's beta launched in March. The beta for Cataclysm lasted five months. If a similar timetable holds for Pandaria, then we could be looking at an August launch for the expansion. If they're already printing boxes, then that seems like a plausible release window.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
After Chicago P.D.'s Rough Case For Atwater, Which Character Should Make Detective Next? Here's What LaRoyce Hawkins Told Us
After Chicago Med Shouted Out A Missing Character, I'm Ready For An Update On Vanessa
Fire Country’s Cast Explained How Awkward It Was For Their Characters To Be Involved With Bode And Gabriela’s Big Moment