Subscribe To John Wick 3 Star Thinks Franchise Could Continue For Another 10 Years Updates
No one has said John Wick will be a trilogy. It's possible Keanu Reeves' John Wick will return after John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum for John Wick 4 or beyond. Director Chad Stahelski has said he'd be down to make a fourth John Wick film if the audience wants more. And we already know a TV series is in the works following The Continental hotel.
John Wick seems darn near invincible, but part of me wondered if John Wick 3 was going to wrap up the story and maybe even kill off the Patron Saint of Puppies. After all, there's a global contract out for John Wick. Even with Halle Berry's Sofia and her two dogs in the mix, supposedly on John's side, it's going to be tough for John to get out of this jam.
Another 10 years? Well, they do say Keanu Reeves is immortal. He hasn't aged much in the past 10 years, so when he's 64 I don't see any reason why he wouldn't still look and act the same.
As Ian McShane noted, John Wick 3 is meant to tell us more about John Wick's background. Anjelica Huston's new character is meant to play a role there, and she's also the Director of The High Table, the council of crime lords. Maybe she'll be on John's side too? Based on the trailers, Asia Kate Dillon's Adjudicator, another member of the High Table, is not exactly on John's side. And there are plenty of new assassins in the mix, including Mark Dacascos as a John Wick fan called Zero who is now out to kill his idol.
Here's more of what we know about John Wick 3 so far. It opens in theaters May 17, and will probably have a stronger opening than the initial projections. But we'll see. If you do want John Wick to continue for another 10 years, you'll have to show him some love at the box office. In December, Chad Stahelski told EW he would happily make a fourth John Wick film if the audience enjoys John Wick 3 and wants more...