What’s that, you say? We haven’t discussed Joe and Anthony Russo’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier enough? Fine! We’ll dig even deeper into the latest Marvel standalone sequel as we continue to prepare for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
We’re in Week 2 – which is different from Marvel’s Phase Two. In Week 2, we begin to assume that most of you visiting these stories have seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and you now are looking do discuss the movie in detail. That means spoilers. So yes, leave this page now if you haven’t yet seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier and do NOT want to have the movie spoiled.
Still here? The comment I’ve seen under so many of our Cap stories is that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie to date, surpassing The Avengers. Which is a legit opinion… but not one that I share. I try to explain why in the above video, today’s Monday Movie Memo.
But don’t stop there. We have fantastic Captain America: The Winter Soldier content on the site, ready for you to explore, including:
- 9 major consequences Cap 2 had on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The unusual survey Marvel handed to audiences on opening weekend.
- We explain those two end-credit sequences in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and tie them to the next Avengers movie.
- We break down the film’s use of 3D.
- And we interview pretty much everyone associated with Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
So, you watched the Memo. Tell us. Was this the "best" Marvel movie to date? Why, or why not? We’d love to hear your opinion.