Monday Movie Memo: Why Captain America: The Winter Soldier Isn't Marvel's Best Film
What’s that, you say? We haven’t discussed Joe and Anthony Russo’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier enough? Fine! We’ll dig even deeper into the latest Marvel standalone sequel as we continue to prepare for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
We’re in Week 2 – which is different from Marvel’s Phase Two. In Week 2, we begin to assume that most of you visiting these stories have seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and you now are looking do discuss the movie in detail. That means spoilers. So yes, leave this page now if you haven’t yet seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier and do NOT want to have the movie spoiled.
Still here? The comment I’ve seen under so many of our Cap stories is that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie to date, surpassing The Avengers. Which is a legit opinion… but not one that I share. I try to explain why in the above video, today’s Monday Movie Memo.
But don’t stop there. We have fantastic Captain America: The Winter Soldier content on the site, ready for you to explore, including:
- 9 major consequences Cap 2 had on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The unusual survey Marvel handed to audiences on opening weekend.
- We explain those two end-credit sequences in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and tie them to the next Avengers movie.
- We break down the film’s use of 3D.
- And we interview pretty much everyone associated with Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
So, you watched the Memo. Tell us. Was this the "best" Marvel movie to date? Why, or why not? We’d love to hear your opinion.
Back to top
FROM THE WEB