Minecraft PS3 And Vita Receive Horses Update, PS4 Patch Still In Testng
Minecraft players on Xbox 360 and Xbox One received the so-called "Horses Update" a week ago. Now it's PlayStation gamers' turn.
Developer 4J Studios says that Sony has finally certified the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the patch. They're now available for gamers throughout North America. The PS4 patch isn't ready to go just yet in that territory, though:
The patch changes are the same across all platforms so the PS4 version shouldn't be far off. PlayStation Europe managed to certify and release the update on all three PlayStation consoles on December 20th. North American PS4 owners won't have to wait much longer.
Players dubbed this patch the "Horses Update" because, well, it's got horses in it. Players will be able to find, tame and ride these animals. They can also outfit these mounts with armor to make them battle-ready. Donkeys and mules, the other two mounts introduced in the patch, can be fitted with chests to give players some extra storage.
These animals have set attributes like jump strength and speed. You can get progressively better mounts by breeding them. This process isn't as dirty as you'd expect; it mainly involves just feeding the animals golden carrots and golden apples.
While horses get top billing in this patch, they're far from the only change. Players will now encounter new enemies like withers, witches and bats. They can create fireworks in game to celebrate special occasions. Adventure Mode, a long-awaited feature that makes tightly scripted maps possible, is included as well.
Here are the full patch notes for the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions (via MinecraftForum.net): New objects
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features - Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks - Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added 'Adventure Mode' - You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra "absorption" health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)
Whether or not you can actually download the patch is a different story, though. PSN is recovering from a recent DDoS attack so some users are still having problems logging in.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.