Leave a Comment
Fans of The Bachelor franchise are pretty used to people from the franchise occasionally doing and saying some less than agreeable things. But, generally, the trouble doesn't really extend much beyond that, particularly for those who have led one of the shows. This explains the shock that went around Bachelor Nation about a month ago, when Cassie Randolph filed for a restraining order against her ex, former Bachelor Colton Underwood. Now, in the wake of that legal action, Cassie has also filed a police report against Colton after their messy breakup.
According to TMZ, Cassie has taken her complaints with Colton further, by filing a police report with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department which claims he put a tracking device on her car. This is the same tracking device that was part of the original complaint from Cassie which led to the restraining order. Cassie claims that her brother found the alleged device planted under the bottom of her car's back bumper, and that Colton put it there to keep tabs on her whereabouts long after their breakup, which happened back in the spring.
When Cassie filed that restraining order against Colton, which happened on September 11, she made a lot of shocking and disturbing claims about the former Bachelor lead's behavior after their April breakup. She went to the police with allegations that Colton was stalking and harassing her, and, along with her claims about the tracking device, said that he had been sending her unsettling texts, many of which accused her of hanging out with another one of her ex-boyfriends. Cassie claimed that Colton also told her he was the victim of an anonymous stalker, but later admitted to sending those texts to himself and also admitted that he placed the tracking device on her car.
As if all of that weren't already bad enough, Cassie also reported that Colton was showing up uninvited at her home and at her parent's home, with "obsessive walks" to her apartment and him loitering outside of her bedroom window in the early morning hours at her folks' house. Not only was Cassie granted that original restraining order, but Us Weekly reports that, earlier on Tuesday after lawyers for both parties appeared at a court hearing on the matter, the judge signed off on an extension of the restraining order against Colton. This extension will take the order through their next hearing, which is scheduled for November 6.
For a lot of Bachelor Nation, Cassie and Colton's love story looked like a dream come true. The two met on his season of The Bachelor, which aired in 2019, and he was immediately drawn to her. But, by the time Colton had neared the end of his journey to find love, Cassie suddenly broke up with him during their fantasy suite date. This led to Colton's infamous fence jump, and he eventually broke up with both of his remaining ladies to go after Cassie. The two reconciled and began and exclusive relationship, but split by the end of April this year.
After the split, reports circulated that the duo had simply cemented a friendship after having a brief period in the beginning of being "very hot and heavy," which echoed Colton's sentiments when he posted about their breakup on social media. The idea of having someone chase you, as Colton did with Cassie on The Bachelor, is a very desirable and romantic notion for a lot of people, which may have been part of the reason why Cassie relented and embarked on a romance with him against her original feelings.
While we'll probably never have all of the information on what happened in their relationship or after, at least it sounds like Cassie is doing what she needs to do so that she can move on safely. This situation is, clearly, still unfolding, so be sure to stay tuned to CinemaBlend for the latest.