Subscribe To UFO Online Enters Second Closed-Beta Phase Updates
I've already subscribed
The spiritual MMO version of X-Com, appropriately called UFO Online, has completed the first phase of closed beta testing and will be entering the second phase of testing shortly, with a number of new additions and features tossed into the game.
The developers, Funatics, has been using player-feedback to rigorously improve, enhanced and fix certain aspects of the game, as stated in the press release...
Highlights of this new milestone are the expanded PvE content, two new alien characters and a loot system that allows players to pocket loot during a mission. Missions have been made more challenging and diverse by random alien spawn points and maps. Combat has also been given more depth with the addition of different target zones – standing with one's back to an opponent is not a good choice if one hopes to survive.
Other additions include a detailed tutorial to help newbies get the groundwork for the game in tow before heading out to the battlefield and being slaughtered like lambs. The game itself is basically like a 3D version of X-Com that aims to enhance the game while centering around many of the root features that made the franchise popular back during the mid-90s.
You can check out the complete list of new updates made for the game as it heads into the second phase of closed beta testing below. For more information or the option to sign-up, feel free to visit the .
These are the biggest improvements and additions for the second beta phase at a glance:
• Significantly expanded PvE content (two new aliens, new loot system, missions more dynamic with random spawns and maps)
• Completely overhauled base that provides a better overview, more interaction and visual feedback
• Increased tactical depth through character target zones with varying amounts of armor
• Improved user interface with additional features to increase ease of use (drag & drop, direct control by double-clicking)
• Comprehensive tutorial that explains all of the games most important features in 10 minutes
• Improved graphics effects in general and weapons effects in particular
• Optimization of the performance, especially in the Flash part of the game