's third single-player expansion League of Explorers
debuted today. Players can download Temple of Orsis, the first wing of League
, right now and start earning new cards for their collection.
Temple of Orsis
features three boss encounters. The first is against Zinaar the djinni. Zinaar can draw an extra card each turn through his Hero power but each time he does so, the player receives a Wish. There are several possible Wishes to receive but each provides you with a different type of card for your deck. If you defeat Zinaar, you'll get the following rewards:
- Djinni of Zephyrs (4/6 minion, costs 5 mana) - Whenever you cast a spell on another friendly minion, cast a copy of it on this one.
- Jeweled Scarab (1/1 minion, costs 2 mana) - Battlecry: Discover a 3-Cost card.
The next fight is against Sun Raider Phaerix. This boss possesses a unique minion called the Rod of the Sun that makes him immunoe to damage. However, if you can kill the Rod, you'll take possession of it and benefit from its protective powers - at least until Phaerix takes it back. Two more cards will be added to your collection if you beat him:
- Anubisath Sentinel (4/4 minion, costs 5 mana) - Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion +3/+3.
- Summoning Stone (0/6 minion, costs 5 mana) - Whenever you cast a spell, summon a random minion of the same cost.
The last encounter, Temple Escape, isn't against a lone boss. Instead, you simply have to survive for 10 turns against a flood of random minions. You'll also be given various choices throughout the match with different consequences. For example, you can drink from a glowing pool and get an extra card or wade through it to gain a mana crystal. By escaping the temple, you'll gain four cards including one Legendary:
- Rumbling Elemental (2/6 minion, costs 4 mana) - After you play a Battlecry minion, deal 2 damage to a random enemy.
- Sacred Trial (spell, costs 1 mana) - Secret: When your opponent has at least 3 minions and plays another, destroy it.
- Ancient Shade (7/4 minion, costs 4 mana) - Battlecry: Shuffle an 'Ancient Curse' into your deck that deals 7 damage to you when drawn.
- Reno Jackson (4/6 minion, costs 6 mana) - Battlecry: If your deck contains no more than 1 of any card, fully heal your hero.
Once you've beaten Temple of Orsis, you can try out two Class Challenges. These fights work just as they did in Blackrock Mountain
and Curse of Naxxramas
. The game will ask you to defeat bosses from the wing using predetermined decks. Completing each will reward you with a card for that class:
- Warrior Challenge: Obsidian Destroyer (7/7 minion, costs 7 mana) - At the end of your tyurn, summon a 1/1 Scarab with Taunt.
- Warlock Challenge: Dark Peddler (2/2 minion, costs 2 mana) - Battlecry: Discover a 1-Cost card.
Blizzard will roll out the remaining three wings of League
in the coming weeks. Each wing of costs 700 Gold or $6.99 to download. You can also buy the full expansion for $19.99. The wings will unlock across PC
, Mac and mobile devices
when purchased once.