Serious Sam 3: BFE
will not be out this summer after all. Croteam revealed today that the PC shooter will instead arrive on October 18th.
"We believe Serious Sam 3: BFE
is the best Serious Sam game we’ve ever made," said Davor Hunski, chief creative officer at Croteam. "We’ve designed a true arcade-style FPS game with the non-stop brutal action the series is known for and our fans have loved for the past decade."
Starting today, SS3: BFE
can be pre-ordered through Steam and other digital retailers. Steam is celebrating the occasion by cutting prices on all Serious Sam HD titles and bundles by 66% today. If you pre-order SS3: BFE
, that discount will be bumped up to 85%. Here are the other pre-order incentives being offered:
- A serious 10% discount off of Serious Sam 3: BFE preorder on Steam
- A super serious additional 10% discount off of Serious Sam 3: BFE for customers that already own a Serious Sam title on Steam.
- Timed exclusive Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker multiplayer avatar for use in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The standard edition of the game costs $39.99. If you splurge on the $49.99 Serious Deluxe Edition, you'll get the following extras:
Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Exclusive Making-Of Serious Sam 3: BFE Video
- Exclusive Gold Fork Parker and Gold Serious Sam Multiplayer Character
- Timed Exclusive Brett Sanderson Headless Kamikaze Multiplayer Character
- Timed Exclusive DLC: Sniper Scope for AS-24 "Devastator" Weapon
- Complete Collection of High-Res Serious Sam 3: BFE Trailers and Game Videos
- Official Sound Track Composed by Damjan Mravunac and Undercode
- Digital Artbook, High-Res Posters and Box Art
is a retro-style first-person shooter, which means that it kind of delights in how little sense it makes. The premise is that you're battling aliens in 22nd century Egypt - sure, why not? It supports co-op for up to 16 players. Multiplayer modes like Last Man Standing, Capture the Flag, and Deathmatch are also included.