Creative Labs is still pumping out the goods, after all these years and all those Sound Blaster iterations later, the company is still rocking it strong in the audiophile department. Their latest goods for the auricular inclined includes the new Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury headset, which was recently announced at this year's GamesCom expo in Cologne, Germany.
And yes, GamesCom is still going on right now, even though most people only showed up for the press conferences by Sony and EA... and well, Microsoft was supposed to have a big to-do but they opted to – in the words of one of our readers – “bitch out” and host a small private ceremony of sorts.
Still, GamesCom is ripe with news and media assets for all manner of games, games accessories and everything else in between. Creative took the time to showcase their latest offerings at the European trade-show where they unveiled the Tactic3D Fury as if big, comfortable, electronic earmuffs were going out of style.
The Tactic3D Fury for PCs and Macs comes fully equipped with Creative's patented SBX Pro Studio audio technologies, so you'll get the best and brightest audio feedback and quality from these ear-underwear on steroids.
Long Chye Low, general manager of audio at Creative commented about the new head-girdle, saying...
“Riding on the positive momentum of our Sound Blaster Tactic3D range of gaming headsets, we designed the Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury with a sleeker, even more comfortable ear cup design than the headsets that inspired it. With this great-looking, comfortable design and our completely customizable suite of sound and voice technologies, we’re unleashing the Fury as the best combination of gaming performance and value for the mass market,”
If the Tactic3D Fury were a chastity belt it would be equivalent to the Virgin Guardian 3000: Nothing gets in... nothing comes out.
The headset traps high quality sounds within the earmuffs while also canceling out unnecessary noise so that you can communicate with teammates at peak qualities of clarity, as well as being able to listen for even the slightest pin drops to act or react like the lightning fast cheetah that you are.
You can check out a complete rundown of all the different features of the Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury below. The new headset from Creative Labs is set to release this October for both the Mac and PC.
Also, if you're hard up for cash and worried about whether or not you can afford a new headset with the next-gen consoles ponying up for a blockbuster holiday season this fall, no worries. The Tactic3D Fury carries a moderate price-tag of only $59.99. Nice.
You can learn more about the new Sound Blaster gaming headset by paying a kind visit to the official website.
Tactic3D Fury Features:
• SBX Pro Studio Sound and Voice Technologies
• SBX Surround - Creates unprecedented levels of audio realism by producing virtual speakers around, above and below the listener
• SBX Crystalizer - Ensures that every audio detail is heard by restoring the “highs” and “lows” that are compromised with audio compression
• SBX Bass - Dramatically improves the sound experience by expanding the low frequency tones
• SBX Dialog Plus - Intelligently enhances voices in games and moves for dramatically clearer dialog
• SBX Smart Volume - Address the problem of abrupt volume level changes in games by intelligently applying gain and attenuation to deliver consistent volume levels
• Scout Mode - Hear your enemies from further away and gain a distinct tactical advantage in combat
• VoiceFX - Enables alteration of voice with a variety of effects, which can enhance the tone of a voice, create interesting accents, or enable someone to sound like a different person
• Sound Blaster Tactic3D Control Panel - Save and share multiple TacticProfile audio preferences with your friends and teammates