Subscribe To Tower 2011, Voice-Controlled Air Traffic Simulator Now Available Updates
I've already subscribed
It’s not often that we get non-casual air traffic simulators, but FeelThere Software is going there and giving gamers a very unique simulation called Tower! 2011, which is based around voice control and recognition. The game is currently available for PC.
Victor Racz, producer at FeelThere commented in the press release, saying…
"When your players give feedback saying 'voice recognition that finally works' you know you are building something unique”… "Tower! is not for casual gamers. First you need to read the manual, and then teach your computer the speech commands. This takes time. But the players who have gone through the learning curve realize what a difference it makes. If you want authentic simulation experience, and love complex and rich simulations, then you might be surprised what our game has to offer."The aim of the game is about guiding in aircraft as an air traffic controller using voice recognition software. Gamers will start off at a small airport, guiding in small planes and keeping things simple, and then eventually after mastering the art of vocal air traffic control, players will move on up to the big leagues with two more challenging airports to master.
It’s continually reiterated throughout the website and the press release that Tower! 2011 is not a simple arcade game, but basically the air traffic equivalent to something like the Railworks simulator. So only the vocally strong need apply.
You can check out a complete list of the game’s features below or head on over to the Official Website to learn more. Tower! 2011 is currently available for $39.99 for PC.
Tower! 2011 Features:
• 3 photorealistic airports
• Advanced artificial intelligence (AI) pilots follow complex tower commands when to taxi around airport and fly approach and departure procedures
• Single and multiplayer eiditions
• Full voice control possible using Microsoft's speech SDK voice recognition technology **
• Photorealistic 2d graphics with dynamic lighting, shadows and ground traffic
• Complex simulation allow you to experience the real life duties of a tower controller
• Create new airports, schedules and airplanes using the same editors used by the development team
• Aircraft will follow inflight heading and turn command
• Runway racetrack pattern commands are simulated
• Runway assignments for arriving and departing aircraft may be changed
• After takeoff headings can be assigned to aircraft prior to departure
• Runway intersection takeoffs are simulated
• Many of the newly issued FAA commands are simulated (such as line up and wait, taxi to ramp/apron)
• Taxiway routing to and from parking and terminal areas can be assigned and changed
• Hold short commands may be issued for taxiways and runways
• Dynamic lighting and shadows provide a stimulating visual environment. Sun cycle calculated from real world data
• Ground traffic (cars on freeways and major highways and streets)
• Stereo sound.