Leave a Comment
Jared Padalecki is ready for 2020, and he has the resolutions to prove it! The Supernatural actor took to Twitter to share what he has planned, and it should thrill fans of the long-running series. Padalecki’s list is also likely to lift the spirits of those who know they are now in the year The CW hit will end.
Supernatural is switching nights in 2020 (from Thursdays to Mondays), and that is not the only change happening in Jared Padalecki’s universe. Padalecki shared an important message with his fans on social media while reflecting on the challenges the new year will entail for him. Here is how Padalecki kicked off his New Year’s resolutions reveal:
Jared Padalecki is mindful of the challenges to come in bidding farewell to Supernatural. A show that he has starred on for 15 years. To put that number in perspective, that is a decade and a half. Yes, that is a long time. Last year, Padalecki and his co-stars announced that the show would be ending with Season 15.
Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles have subsequently explained why Supernatural is coming to a close after all these years. For now, though, there is only the present and plans for the future. Jared Padalecki came back to Twitter with his list of resolutions, and they showcase the actor’s signature sense of humor. Combining his multiple tweets, here's what Padalecki wrote:
As promised. My #2020resolutions (well, the ones that i didn’t mess up yet)
1) Read More Books (pictures NOT mandatory. Just helpful)
Note* Learn to read first.
2) Stop abbreviating June and July (honestly man, it’s one freaking letter)
3) make more use of the word “cur”.
4) Stop saying “molasses” so often (who does that???)
5) Raise awareness and funds for charities that are meaningful to me (MORE ON THAT TO COME!????)
6) Make amends with “Me Shuh” (double check spelling of her name first)
7) Take more pictures (helps stave off memory loss)
8) Speak in the third person more often (that always makes Jared feel better)
9) Play more guitar (or, invent a guitar that plays itself. Don’t tell anyone, obvs.)
10) Reply “new phone. who dis?” more often (*note - also funny in person)
11) Walk along the Range. In Texas.
12) Apologize to the kid from grade school that you never found during Hide and Seek. He’s probably still in the same spot.
13) Google search that new birthmark that just showed up. Borrow computer from
14) Stop procrastinating (starting tomorrow)
15) Tweet more
16) Become better at math (see above)
17) Always respond to “Are too!” with “D2!!!” (Make sure to yell it, lest they not hear you)
18) On second thought, scratch #12.... that may be a crime scene now ????
19) Bear suits are funny (but not actual bears. They’re terrifying.)
20) Give 100% of everything I have to the final 3 months of filming Supernatural.
My fellow cast deserves it.
My crew deserves it.
The #spnfamily deserves it.
Sam Winchester deserves it.
Six tweets of resolutions! Where to begin? First off, many of these are tongue and cheek with inside references that Jared Padalecki and Supernatural fans will undoubtedly recognize. I had to look up “cur,” which has two definitions. Thank you, Merriam-Webster! One refers to an “inferior dog” and the other a “cowardly” man. Interesting.
Resolution 11 is an apparent reference to Jared Padalecki’s post-Supernatural series. Padalecki writes that he will “Walk along the Range. In Texas.” A direct reference to Padalecki’s starring part in the Walker Texas Ranger reboot? It seems to fit. Last year, it was announced that Padalecki would take on the role of Cordell Walker in the project. Chuck Norris previously played the character.
Number 17 is a Star Wars reference. I love it! As for the twentieth resolution, that is one that Supernatural fans will adore! In it, Jared Padalecki vows to give everything he has to what is left filming the series. According to his tweet, Supernatural is down to its final three months on that front. Not too much longer before the series finale that Jensen Ackles had trouble with gets filmed.
Jared Padalecki has already weighed in with how thinks fans will feel about the series finale. Let us all hope it goes better than how Game of Thrones’ was received! Supernatural has a devoted following to please, and Padalecki is putting his best step forward in making that happen.