FromSoftware announced today that the portable version of the famed giant-robot game, Armored Core is now available for PSP users. The game sports some kick-butt customizable robots, more missions worth counting, and enough variations in firepower to make any gun-totting mech-fan happy.
According to the press release…
In Armored Core 3 Portable, players battle as members of the mercenary organization “Raven,” piloting customizable mecha Armored Core (AC) units. The ACs are customizable with different weapons and machine parts that can be reconfigured as necessary to complete a variety of combat-intensive missions.The game also has some party-mode play for Ad Hoc use, and did I happen to mention that the graphics aren’t too shabby either? Well, they aren’t…just in case you were wondering. I mean, this isn’t the Nintendo DS, anyway.
You can check out a full list of the game’s features below, which are quite impressive for a handheld game. Armored Core 3: Portable is currently available for the PSP for $14.99. If you’re also a console owner you might want to check out Blend Games’ own review of Armored Core 4 for the Xbox 360 and PS3. For more information on AC3: Portable be sure to visit the Official Website.
• Over 50 action-packed missions
• Enhanced menu interface and in-game visibility
• Pilot a fully customizable AC unit, configuring weapons, parts, armor color and emblems
• Over 200 parts available to assemble and create your own machine, including parts from the previous games in the series
• PSP (PlayStation Portable) Ad Hoc Network support; easily battle up to four friends using a wireless connection
• Challenge opponents nationwide over the Ad Hoc Party on PlayStation 3 (PS3)
• A new opponent from the Japanese Armored Core novel
• Future-proof data can be saved and transferred to future Armored Core PSP titles