The upcoming 1.5 patch for Creative Assembly's Empire: Total War
will include new, free content. Specifically, you'll be getting five multiplayer maps.
In their announcement
, Creative Assembly provided brief descriptions of each of the new maps. They'll be playable in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4:
- Grassy Flatlands - This is a flat, balanced map designed for competetive/tournament play.
- Austrian Pinnacles - A maze like European landcape with plenty of opportunities to outflank and maneuver around your opponent(s).
- Syrian Ridge - A desert map with several oasis scattered around and a large sandy hill near the centre to dominate the opposition.
- Siberian Plateau - A balanced flat snowy tundra map, heavily forested to allow for ambush and conealed fighting.
- Homestead - An American plains map with several cabin dwellings and low rolling hills with oportunities to seize elevated positions.
The patch and maps will be released on the same day as the Warpath Campaign
, a $10 add-on for Empire
centered around Native American tribes. The exact launch date hasn't been determined but it's expected to be in October.