If you’ve been hungry for an old-school, cyber-noir shooter that pays homage to classics like Corridor 7, Sin or Messiah, then Hard Reset might be the way to go. While it’s still another shooter game, it does try to be different. With that being said, the problems that users and reviewers ran into while playing the game has been brought front and center in the newest patch for the game, with the developers addressing these issues head-on with the appropriate fixes.
People felt that weapon switching needed to be smoother and so now it is. People felt that the weapon cool-downs just weren’t convenient enough with the play-style and pace of the game, so now it is. People felt that the difficulty was a little stiff and needed some re-adjustment for mid-game difficulty switching, and now you can.
Patch 1.01 brings some honest goodness to the table to help gamers experience Hard Reset the way it was meant to be played. It’s interesting that Flying Wild Hog worked so quickly to get the patch out, but it definitely shows that they have the consumer at heart when it comes time to support their product.
A complete list of the new features for the patch can be viewed below. Need further information on the PC shooter, Hard Reset? Feel free to visit the Official Website.
Patch 1.01 Includes:
• weapon cooldowns are disabled now. You can change and use weapon modes while some other weapon modes are on cooldown.
• you are now able to sprint (shortly) even while sprint is still recharging, sprinting is now possible at any moment
• sprint will now charge 20% faster than before
• added Benchmark Mode from demo
• improved the time between switching between N.R.G. Weapon and CLN Firearm.
• you are now able to switch difficulty midgame (the lowest difficulty ever chosen during the whole run determines the achievements unlocked) • you are now able to check your Mission Stats while in-game by pressing the Tab key.