Valve has finally released the Scout class update for Team Fortress 2
, which should bring some old players back into the fold. To attract new players, they're now offering the game for half the price on Steam.
Starting today, Team Fortress 2
will cost $9.99 instead of the usual $19.99. The sale ends on Friday, February 27th and is only offered through Valve's digital games store Steam. Here are the full list of patch notes from today's update, which adds a host of new achievements for the Scout and weapons that will be unlocked when you acquire enough of the achievements:
- Added The Force-A-Nature, The Sandman, and Bonk!
- Added 35 new Scout achievements
- Added crit boosted on/off sound effects
- Added new sounds for upgraded teleporters
- Added new sound for a fully charged medic dying
- Add bonus points section to scores
- Scouts earn a bonus point for killing Medics who are actively healing a target
- Added several new speech concepts, mostly hooked up to new Scout lines
- Added new "Remember last weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer Advanced dialog
- Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon
- Added several new Arena mode announcer speech events.
- Added "First Blood" to Arena mode
- Removed 2x item respawn times in arena
- Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs
- Spies disguised as enemy team can now see player IDs for enemies
- Added community maps: cp_egypt, arena_watchtower, and cp_junction
- Updated cp_fastlane with Arttu's new version
- Added new input for forward speed modifier to FuncTrainTrain
- Added TeleportToPathTrack input to func_tracktrain
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes gib from non-gib damage kills
- Fixed stat screen showing an entry for a class called "map."
- Fixed item model panels not using team skins
- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag