Soon Blizzard will finally give World of Warcraft
players the opportunity to face Arthas in battle. Today they released new information and images about Icecrown Citadel, the fortress that will be added in an upcoming patch.
Icecrown Citadel will be a five-player dungeon (with normal and heroic difficulty) that stretches across three different wings. You'll have to completely clear each wing before continuing to the next. Here are the descriptions of bosses from each wing:
The Forge of Souls
Pit of Saron
- Bronjahm, the Godfather of Souls: An instrument of reckoning, Bronjahm watches over the engines in the Forge of Souls. He must be killed if the soul grinders are to be destroyed.
- The Devourer of Souls: As the chief operator of the engines found in this wing, the Devourer stands guard over the souls stolen by the Lich King.
Halls of Reflection
- Forgemaster Garfrost: A master of Scourge weaponry, the forgemaster hauls stocks of saronite ore and other precious materials to the cold forges where the mechanisms of death are born. With a host of rime weapons and exotic alloys at his disposal, it could get cold in here.
- Krick and Ick: Zombies serve as mindless muscle in the Pit of Saron's mines, stockpiling metals for Forgemaster Garfrost, and Krick -- a devious leper gnome -- supervises the operations from atop Ick, Krick's ghastly means of transportation.
- Scourgelord Tyrannus: Tyrannus is a terrible force who will no doubt demonstrate his powers to those brave enough to enter the Pit of Saron. The scourgelord must die if players hope to make their way into the third and final wing of this dungeon.
- Falric and Marwyn: Captains for Arthas Menethil in life, Scourge commanders for the Lich King in death, Falric and Marwyn will be summoned to the Halls of Reflection for one purpose: destroying all intruders.
- The Lich King: Sylvanas, thirsty for vengeance against the corrupted prince who sentenced her to an existence as an undead monstrosity, and Jaina, eager to find a flicker of Arthas's soul locked somewhere within the Lich King, have brought their hand-picked allies to this final confrontation. Arthas's true power may only now be discovered. Is there any hope in this mission, or does only death await?
Icecrown will be included in Patch 3.3. No release date has been announced for this update yet. Given Arthas' status as the main villain of the current expansion, Wrath of the Lich King
, it's possible that this will be the last dungeon released before the next expansion, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm