Today BioWare released Patch 1.01 for the PC version of Mass Effect 2
. The patch fixes video crashing issues, among other things.
- Fixed video hitching and crashes related to single core machines.
- Single core users may experience short periods of black screen that may last up a few seconds between level loads, cinematic transitions or movies.
- In rare cases, some single core users may notice dialog lines in certain conversations may be delayed up to a few seconds.
- Fixed an issue where it appears ammunition can be picked up, but can't.
- Fixed an issue where all Codex entries were marked as 'viewed', even if the player chose not to view them.
- Fixed an issue where weapon icons are re-organized after downloadable content is used.
- Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.
- Fixed an issue where remapping the right mouse button blocks camera control in the command HUD.
- Fixed an issue where remapping the 'use' command affects the decryption minigame.
- Fixed an issue where users were not prompted to restart when logging in to a different EA Online account.
- Fixed an issue where movies do not play in DLC.
- It is recommended that players reset their keyboard mapping to default values to ensure proper vehicle control.
- Added useful messaging during the ME1 save game import.
- Weapon icon for henchmen never changes from Collector Assault Rifle.
- Czech language - Issues with Czech localization (subtitles) were amended, all text was corrected and improved.
- Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.
You can download the patch directly from BioWare
or through any other major download site.