With beta-testing done and over with and gamers excitedly waiting in the wings for this very announcement, you all can let the cheers fly loose and hand-waving run rampant as Sony has announced that Free Realms has officially launched.
“We’ve designed Free Realms to be a fun, safe place for gamers of all ages to play online and are excited to finally open the doors to our adventure-packed world,” said Andy Sites, senior producer, Sony Online Entertainment. “Free Realms is free to play and truly lets you do what you want, when you want. Every member of the family will find something fun to do in Free Realms!”
So what is it that you do in Free Realms? Well, any and everything. It’s one of the few games out there that is as gorgeous as it is ambitious fun and, in a word, pointless. You’re not forced to do anything you don’t want to do, yet you’re free to explore and experience everything that suits your gaming taste.
In addition to the announcement regarding the availability of this free-to-play MMO, Sony Online Entertainment has let loose a rather lengthy fact sheet. Despite all the information it contains it still doesn’t quite fit in the smaller gameplay details, such as cooking up a storm as a chef or sneaking around as a ninja.
You can check out the fact sheet below or visit the Official Website for more information on getting in on the action. For more gaming news, updates, insight and media, be sure to stay tuned in with Blend Games.
• Free Gameplay: Free Realms is free to play; however, additional content can be accessed through a Membership or micro-transactions.
• Rich Character Creation: With thousands of customizations and combinations, you can blend fantasy and reality to create your perfect avatar.
• Be Whoever You Want: Characters aren’t locked into classes or jobs – you can be a ninja one minute and a race kart driver the next.
• Kid Safe: Free Realms is designed with kids’ safety in mind and has pre-canned chat, reporting, filters and Parental Controls that allow for the customization of security options, for younger players.
• Something for Everyone: Players can take care of pets, sort mail, race go-karts, battle goblins or cook meals for their friends.
• Vibrant, Deep Environment: Adventurous gamers can spend hours exploring towns, bustling cities, beaches, forests, snowy mountaintops and more.
• Connect with Friends: Whether you’re meeting up with old friends or finding new ones, Free Realms allows players to stay connected through its social networking page. Just log in, see what your friends have been up to, click their avatars and join them in Free Realms.
• Everyone Can Access: Free Realms is designed to run on nearly all PCs. The game will stream to your PC as you play, so Free Realms will not take up a lot of memory and will download quickly.
• Trading Card Game: The Free Realms Trading Card Game will let players pit fun characters like dragons and goblins against one another in fun, fast-paced combat. Half the game is collecting new cards so you are armed with the best lineup of attacks and defenses to prove your might in online tournaments.