Bethesda uploaded a new beta patch for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to Steam today. Beta patch 1.4.26, which you can apply at your own risk, will fix a number of mod and control issues for the PC version of the open-world role-playing game.
Here's the list of fixes included with this update: LAUNCHER
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
Bethesda recommends that you back up your save games or avoid overwriting previous saves if you decide to download the beta update. It's a good idea to not download the patch at all if you're not affected by the bugs mentioned, actually. If you decide to leave the beta, your old saves will still be compatible with the current live version of Skyrim.
Patch 1.4, the latest official patch for Skyrim, added the Skyrim Creation Kit to allow players to create their own mods for the game. The update also included several bug fixes. Patch 1.4 hit consoles earlier this month as well, but without the modding tools.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.